POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Make a hollow object solid : Re: Make a hollow object solid Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Make a hollow object solid
From: Alain
Date: 17 Dec 2010 23:04:46
Message: <4d0c32de@news.povray.org>

> Hi, is there an easy way to make a hollow object solid?
>
> I have some poser imported objects that are hollow.
>
> I would like to test to see if vectors are inside the object, but its not
> working and I believe that its because the object is hollow.
>
> Unfortunately I cant work out how to make the object a solid....
>
> Cheers Dre

Poser models are mesh. Normaly, they are only a surface with no
thickness, but that can be changed.

You need to provide an inside_vector to your mesh object. It will work
even if the mesh is not perfectly closed, but, in that case, you can get
some eroneous results.
Syntax: inside_vector Direction
Some samples:
inside_vector y